9.23.2010

10 Piano Quotes to Celebrate National Piano Month

I love to read and share good quotes.  I feel that just a few well spoken words can make a big impact in someone's life and even motivate them to greatness.  That's why my "Quote of the Week" was one of the first things I added to this blog.  In September the National Piano Federation celebrates its National Piano Month and what better way to join in the celebration than with some inspiring piano quotes.  Enjoy!



1.  "Pianos are such noble instruments - they're either upright or grand." 
~ Author Unknown

2.  "The piano is able to communicate the subtlest universal truths by means of wood, metal and vibrating air." 
~ Kenneth Miller

3.  "One man gets nothing but discord out of a piano; another gets harmony. No one claims the piano is at fault." 
~ Author Unknown

4.  "I've never felt anything that moves me as much as my piano. I'm an emotional player. I don't really like people. I prefer my piano to people. It's totally reliable and it's alive. I can hear what it's saying."
~ Tori Amos
5.  "When you play music you discover a part of yourself that you never knew existed." 
~ Bill Evans

6.  "To play without passion is inexcusable!"
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

7.  "Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art."
~ Frederic Chopin

8.  "I sit down to the piano regularly at nine-o'clock in the morning and Mesdames les Muses have learned to be on time for that rendezvous." 
~ Pyotr Ilich Tchaikovsky

9.  "It is wonderful how soon a piano gets into a log-hut on the frontier. You would think they found it under a pine-stump. With it comes a Latin grammar, and one of those tow-head boys has written a hymn on Sunday. Now let colleges, now let senates take heed! for here is one who, opening these fine tastes on the basis of the pioneer's iron constitution, will gather all their laurels in his strong hands." 
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

10.  "All I need is a big surfboard and a piano."

~ Dennis Wilson

 



Quotes provided by:
http://www.famous-quotes-and-quotations.com/
http://www.brainyquote.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin